In commercial buildings most or all of the air is recirculated by the HVAC system so there is a significant risk that airborne infectious diseases will be circulated as well. Fortunately HVAC also presents an opportunity to improve indoor air quality. Because all of the air passes through the air handler and ducts those are the ideal places to disinfect it with germicidal UVC light.
Fresh-Aire UV germicidal UVC lights are also good for every facility’s bottom-line. The cool, moist interior of the air system is an ideal breeding-ground for mold, and a biofilm of only 0.002” can reduce efficiency by 37%! Conventional cleaning procedures are expensive, labor intensive, and use harsh chemicals which are themselves a source of environmental contamination and a health risk to maintenance workers. Germicidal UVC is a proven technology that works continuously, keeping both the air and the HVAC system clean.
- UVC light disinfects coil & air handler interior
- Single or multi-lamp configuration
- High quality water-resistant lamps
- Water-resistant power supply
- Normal or high output lamp(s)
- Lifetime warranty on all parts except lamp(s)
- Includes 10’ cable & mounting hardware
- Optional Teflon® safety coating
- Kills mold, bacteria, and viruses in the HVAC system
- Saves energy by keeping components cleaner
- Lowers maintenance costs – reduced required cleanings
- Reduces worker exposure to dangerous chemicals
- Cost effective